DIY

From cleaning supplies, bedding to clothing...DIY

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why Making You Should Make Your Own Cleaners Part 1

No, I am not a hippie. I am just a mom who has a monthly budget, a three year old little boy who loves to get in to my cabinets no matter how many times I child proof them and a newborn baby girl who like my son was born premature.  I just want to give my family the best and protect them and those were the reasons I began looking in to making my own cleaners for my home...

Reason #1 Budget:

I used to spend hundreds of dollars on cleaners.  There were things for the bathroom, things for the floors, things for my window, things for my floors, laundry detergent and stain removers, home deodorizers and disinfectants for everything.  One month I looked at my grocery store bill and I have 60$ in just cleaning supplies.  I knew there had to be a better way to spend 60$ each month. My husband and I wanted to take a trip and 60$ x 12 months a year = 720$.  Now, I realize that 720$ is not enough for a vacation but hell it is a big dent in the cost. Diapers were 20$ a week and milk for the month was around 24$ a pedicure was 30$...Basically, I could find better ways to spend my money...

I began doing research and found out that I could make my own supplies for a tenth of what I was spending. The basic ingredients in most homemade cleaners were rubbing alcohol, borax, washing soda, soap flakes, and Castile soap. All of which I could buy at Amazon.com for next to nothing and yield a ton of product. So, my journey began pretty much just to save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment